2 Types of Data We Collect
- Web Site Cookies
What are cookies?
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are designed by:- BSP, or on behalf of BSP, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For BSP to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable BSP to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
- Google Analytics
When someone visits any of our foreveryoccasion.co.uk websites we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Mailing Lists
As part of the registration process for our special offers and our loyalty card scheme, we collect personal information. We use that information for a few reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied; to check your purchased history; to make the order process easier the next time you order from us. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPOS Systems
When you order from For Every Occasion either in the studio, over the phone or online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our EPOS system, Balloon Shop Pro. Or our online shop system. You may, of course, purchase goods in person for immediate sale (not pre order) without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company without your specific consent.
3 Protection of Children’s Personal Information
- a) Our site is not designed for children, but one or two may receive visits by children and young people under the age of 16 and we encourage them to speak to their parents before submitting any personal Information on any of our sites.
b)We recommend that parents or guardians supervise young people while they are online.
- c) We are dedicated to the protection of children’s and young people’s personal Information and we do not knowingly market to children.
- d) If you are under 16 years of age you should always ask your parent or guardian before:
- i) Responding to anything on any of our sites or social media platforms
- ii) Asking us to send anything to you or another young person
iii) Enter a competition or a game online – you must generally be over 16 years of age to enter, but please do check the specific Terms & Conditions for each instance.
- iv) Offer to agree to buy anything online.
A parent or guardian may submit a request to email@example.com stop any further use of a child or young person’s personal Information or to request that we suppress any Information as far as we are able. Before disclosing Information about a child, we may request that the parent or guardian provide reasonable Information for identification purposes.
4 How we use your information
We will use your Information in the ways described below and as described at the time that the Information is collected.
- a) To Provide the Services
In general, we use your Information as necessary or appropriate for our business purposes including to:
- i) Administer your account where you have opened an account with us
- ii) Register you and provide you access to the website or services requested by you
iii) Respond to inquiries or requests that you direct to us
- iv) Fulfil your requests for products or services
- v) Send communications and administrative emails about the website or our services
- vi) Personalise and better tailor the features, performance and support of the website and our services for your use; analyse, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the website and our services
vii) Run competitions
viii) Deliver customer services
- ix) Other purposes related to any of the above
- b) Marketing
Where you have provided us with the appropriate consents, or where the Act entitles us to do so, we may send you marketing materials about other products or services offered by BSP.
However, be assured that we understand the irritations of unsolicited communications and we are fully committed to ensuring the rights and obligations set out in the Act and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, updated 2004 and 2011 are respected.
5 Third Parties
We DO NOT share any personal information with third parties other than our newsletter deliverer as detailed above and our on line website host for secure storage.
6 Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Mike Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
7 Reporting of security vulnerabilities
BSP is committed to the privacy, safety and security of our customers. If you discover a potential security vulnerability, we would appreciate it if you could report it just to us in a responsible manner. Please email us at email@example.com and we will respond to you as soon as possible. This provides us with an opportunity to work with you and quickly address and resolve any issue. Publicly disclosing a potential vulnerability could put the wider community at risk, and therefore we encourage you to come to us first. We’ll keep you informed as we move forward with our investigations.
8 Changes to this Privacy Notice
This policy was last updated on 9thMay 2018 and will be reviewed every 2 years.